The conference “L’urbanisme, l’architecture et le jeu vidéo : que fabrique le « game design » ? ” will take place on March 29 and 30, 2018 in Villeneuve-d’Ascq, France.
The changing relationships and boundaries between urbanism, architecture and video games are at the heart of the questions of these days of study. The new, deep and lasting changes in these areas reveal the interest, indeed the urgency, of a reformulation of this interaction between the thoughts of space and the phenomena of video-games.
1. The video game as narrative of the territories
- Simulation of historical experiences
- Augmented reality and meta-territory
- Territorial mark and video-game culture
2. From territorial mediation to territorial action, empowerment and video games
- Open-source, modding and participation
- Serious-games, persuasive games, information and expression
- From the sandbox game to Computer Aided Design
3. Game design and manufacture of the city, the territory
- Third-party software, third-party locations and professional gateways
- Geographic Information System, Big Data, BIM and Game Design
- Early access and urban project management
Proposals for communication in the form of a summary (with a maximum of 3000 characters and indicating which of the 3 points concerns the communication project) should be sent by email,
before February 15, 2018
Final texts and / posters must be sent before March 15, 2018.